Scenic Oswego

Oswego really does have some of the most beautiful views, from sunsets to walks in the park along the lake, you can never go wrong.

The hike to the lighthouse is a work out, but its worth it. I’d say it took my friends and I about 45 minutes on the rock trail to get out to the lighthouse. It’s really important you go on a nice day since you are going pretty far out into the water and its just you and the rock trail. If you can make it out to the lighthouse and look back at Oswego it is so nice to see the park at a different angle.

From living in Onondaga Hall for my sophomore year, to just spending time on campus and at the lake with friends, I have seen some of the best sunsets in my entire life.

I live about five minutes from Lake Erie when I’m home and have seen plenty of sunsets, but none compare to the views Oswego has given me. How close we are to the lake was definitely something I considered when choosing Oswego because it reminded me of home.

Breitbeck Park and Wright’s Landing also bring great views, especially now in the Fall. These are both great places to go for a walk along the water or around the park itself.

The Flatrocks are also a popular destination along the lake. They are the perfect spot to watch the sunset or just hangout with friends. If you visit Oswego during the summer, or even the beginning of the Fall semester, you should have a lake day and claim your spot on the rocks.

The Harbor Rail Trail is located at the corner of West Utica Street and West First Street. It is a bridge that takes you up and over Oswego River and gives you views of the lighthouse and Lake Ontario.

These are only some of the many places to go and scenic views in Oswego. Having the lake so close gives you so many opportunities to do fun things with your friends and enjoy the outdoors. Places like these will help get you out of the dorms or your house and into fresh air.