Here we are everyone, approaching the final week of classes! We all have a million things on our minds at this point, and reading this blog probably isn’t on your list of things to do (haha!!) Because we are all faced with countless deadlines and amounts of stress at this time of the year, I wanted to remind everyone of 5 reasons you should keep smiling (even though it might be painful!) We are almost there!!
1. Smiling can improve one’s mood! Even if you’re having the worst day ever, a smile can do the trick. It sound kind of creepy, but just sit where you are and smile for a second! I promise it will make you feel a little bit better. 🙂
2. Smiling actually improves our productivity! You are more likely to be in a good mood when you are smiling, therefore your good mood will lead you to getting more work done. I swear I am not making this up, scientists have proven it!!
3. Smiles are contagious!!! Try to smile at someone who is sitting near you. I know it may sound strange, but there is almost a 100% chance they will smile back. It is how our brains are wired, if they don’t smile back at you that means they are putting in a conscious effort to do so. Spread some smiles around campus!! 🙂
4. Smiling makes you more approachable. This might sound obvious, but during this stressful time of the semester, don’t you want to be someone that people feel safe around? We all need people to talk to when we are stressed out, and if you keep smiling, people will know they can confide in you. Even if you just give a stranger a simple smile without saying anything, this may improve their day more than you know.
5. If you are in such a horrible mood that smiling seems nearly impossible, don’t worry, I have a solution for you! Scientists say even a fake smile will do the trick. Even if you have to force it, try to smile. It has been proven that you can still benefit from fake smiles! Go ahead, try it!! 🙂
We are all stressed and pressed for time, but that does not mean there isn’t any time for smiles! Put a smile on your face during the next couple weeks we have left of the semester, you will feel so much better. 🙂