It’s that time of week again….Morgan Monday! This week I want to talk to you guys about the best places to eat around town. We all know what it is like to get sick of the dining hall, and if you live off campus then you know what it’s like to open your fridge and only see a half eaten piece of pizza sitting there. If you’ve got the extra cash and are looking for a good meal then listen up!
1. My absolute favorite place to grab something quick is Port City Cafe. They are located right on West 1st Street, and their menu consists of soups, salads, and all different types of sandwiches.They also serve breakfast until 10:30 a.m., and they have the best coffee I’ve had in Oswego. Their prices aren’t bad at all, around the $8-$10 range. If you love the cafe feel and really want a good sandwich, cup of coffee, or just want a place to hangout and do homework then go check it out!
2. If you’re looking for a good place to take someone on a date, celebrate a friend’s birthday, or are just in the mood to treat yourself, Vona’s is the place for you! It is a family run, Italian restaurant located on Willow Street in Oswego. They have all of your typical Italian dishes, but everything there is amazing and I really suggest trying it out. As long as you don’t mind shelling out a little extra cash ;).
3. Fajita Grill does not get the credit that it deserves in my opinion. Here in Oswego, we are lacking both Moe’s and Chipotle. Maybe it isn’t as good as those two restaurants in some people’s opinion, but I love it and think it is the best place to go in Oswego to get your Mexican food fix. Prices are very reasonable and the queso is awesome!
4. Old City is sort of like Oswego’s hidden gem when it comes to deals on food, and lets face it, we’re all broke and looking to save a couple bucks. Old City has a 50 cent wing special on Monday’s. Yes, you can eat as many wings as you want for only 50 cents each. They also have $1.50 tacos on Wednesdays. A taco for under $2…how could you go wrong? Of course Oswego is the only place who has taco Wednesday instead of taco Tuesday…but either way they’re still awesome tacos and I highly recommend checking it out! (Yes, guac is extra there too).
5. Last but not least, Press Box is the best place to go if you are looking for bar food, but in a sit-down setting. They have everything from nachos, to salads, to chicken fingers, and everything in-between. Don’t go there if you are trying to eat healthy, but if you are looking for good food at a reasonable price then check it out! I know from experience you won’t regret it :).
I hope this post gave you guys some ideas of places to try next time you are out and about and looking to grab a bite to eat! If you try any of these places and love them as much as I do, leave a comment below and let me know what you had! Look out for my post next week and enjoy! 🙂