My Journey: How I became an Oswego Laker

ererin raid1

Hello! My name is Mairead Hanson (left). I have an Identical, one-minute older twin sister named Erin (right), and we have been inseparable since birth. From matching pink outfits and blonde pigtails, to long blonde hair and dresses we love each other tremendously. We dance together, hang out with the same group of friends together, and often finish each others’ sentences; typical superficial way of how people categorize twins. What people often misunderstand about my twin sister and I, is that we have completely different personalities. Erin: Strong minded, intelligent, and stubborn. Me: Loving, hard-working, and caring. We balance each other out to the point were I have no idea what I would do without her.

During our Senior year we always knew we wanted to go to the same college, but we were both interested in majoring in completely different areas. It was not hard to decide on a college because we had previously visited SUNY Oswego, where my older sister Shannon attends, and fell in love with the campus. Whats better then living with not only my two sisters, but my best friends. AND living on a beautiful campus that has all three of our different majors.

shanerinraid

Shannon, now a junior at SUNY Oswego, was overjoyed to know that Erin and I were going to be attending Oswego as Freshmen in the fall. We are all so close; being at the same college will make us that much closer (if that’s even possible).

shan raid

Shannon is a Communications Major at SUNY Oswego. She loves to talk and is very good at it — except when she talks your ear off, just kidding. She is an exceptional older sister and I am more then happy to have her in my life. Knowing that she’s always here for me in college is one less thing i have to worry about.

erin raid

Erin is an Accounting major at SUNY Oswego. She has a mind that is very good with not just numbers, but figuring things out. I am so very lucky to have her here at Oswego, only two floors above me in our residence hall, to go through the transition from high school to college with. Also, helping me with my math homework is not to bad either.

photo-1

I am a Wellness Management major. I hope that one day I become a Dietitian, helping people become healthy and live a healthy life style.

I am such a lucky girl to have both my sisters with different majors then me together at SUNY Oswego. Knowing that I will have my two sisters beside me on our different journeys is satisfying and pleasing. I am so excited to see what is to come for all three of us in our bright futures.