Freshman Year: My first week

I’m severely homesick. I miss my dad’s incredible home cooked meals, talking to my mom, having my own space to myself, stressed out about classes, and all people keep saying is, welcome to college. Ironically, I’m actually having a lot of fun. I’m learning to transition into my new college life; even though it’s a lot different then what I’m used to I definitely do not want to go home. Thankfully, my two sisters, Shannon and Mairead also attend SUNY Oswego, so that helps not being to home sick. The food in the dining hall isn’t that bad, not as good as my dad’s cooking, but I don’t think anything is as good as his. There are always so many different things to choose, from salads to quesadillas to wraps to pizza, you’ll never be left with an empty stomach. THANK GOD for FaceTime, my mom and I FaceTime religiously, everyday, when we’re not were texting of course. Sure I miss having my own room along with my extremely comfy bed at home but, thankfully, my roommate and I get along great and have more then enough room for all of our things! After going to all my classes, of course I’m a little stressed out and nervous about doing well my first semester, but this is college, of course it’s going to be hard.

photo

(Pictured from left to right: Erin, Shannon, Mairead)

So, hello, my name is Erin Hanson, this year I will be blogging about my experiences as a freshman at SUNY Oswego. I grew up on Long Island in Islip, NY with my two sisters Shannon and Mairead. We have always been very close and consider each other best friends, which is one of the reasons why we all decided to attend Oswego together. Shannon, a junior here at Oswego, is a Communications major with a Public Relations minor, once she starts talking it’s hard to get her to stop. Mairead, my twin and also a freshmen, is a Wellness Management major with a Nutrition minor, she is the biggest health freak ever. And for me, I’m an Accounting major! After taking business classes in high school I knew I definitely wanted to do something in the business field. Then, in my senior year of High School I took an accounting class and knew that was exactly what I wanted to do with my life. I’ve always loved math, numbers, calculations, and I’m honestly excited to learn more! I promise it’s not as boring as you probably think it is. Oswego has many majors available to study from, and with my sisters and I all in different areas of interest, we’re all lucky to be able to go to a great school with variety of different majors.

2 thoughts on “Freshman Year: My first week

1. Hello Erin! My name is Destiny Green and I attend SUNY Oswego as well. Its my first year, I’m a Freshie (Freshman). Although SUNY Owsego wasn’t my first choice, I’m loving it! I have met a massive amount of new friends that are positive like me. The community of Oswego is very diverse. I’m surrounded by students from different backgrounds and nationalities. It’s such an amazing feeling; learning where students other than you come from. My first week of college was thee best. I wondered, “Why did I even think twice about coming here?”, apparently its everything I’ve expected of a college and more! #LakerPride #SUNYOswego

2. Love the picture you posted. I knew you’d miss your father’s cooking but it will make it that much better when you come home. Accounting is tough but I know you’ll do well. How was the paint party? Looking forward to following the blog.