It is Friday afternoon, classes are done for the week, homework is put away and you are trying to figure out what activities you can do as the weather starts to warm up. Here are 5 fun ideas to get you out of your dorm room and outside:
- Take a trip to Rudy’s for lunch or dinner. It is a short walk from campus and you have a nice view of the lake as you venture down the road. Rudy’s is a great place to hang out and enjoy some great food! After Rudy’s be sure to stop over at Bev’s to pick up some delicious ice cream. Address: 78 Co Rte 89, Oswego, NY 13126
- Flat rocks is a fun place where you can go swimming once the water warms up and hang with friends. At flat rocks, you can see the famous Oswego sunset.
- If you are into history, check out Fort Ontario. Not many people know but, Oswego is a very historic town. At Fort Ontario, visitors can use a take along tour which they can read while going through the fort. The fort has artifacts and professional displays available to the public that reflect the history. Address: 1 E 4th St, Oswego, NY 13126
- The Oswego Riverwalk is a great place to take your bike, rollerblade, or even just walk. You can enjoy the view of the river along with getting some exercise. If you are into fishing, this is also a spot to check out in the fall when all the salmon return up the river. There are also several different restaurants near the riverwalk that you can check out.
- If you have a car on campus, take a trip to Chimney Bluffs State Park. At the Bluffs, you can capture amazing pictures of the lake along with enjoying some hiking and relaxing on the beach. Address: 7700 Garner Road Wolcott, NY 14590.