Oswego is a beautiful place to be over the summer. There are so many fun things to do in this town over the summer. Here are the top places I recommend :
- Bev’s Dairy Treat : One of the best ice cream places I have ever been to. It is located right on Lake Ontario, close to West Campus. I definitely recommend this place!
- Rudy’s Lakeside Drive-In : Located right next to Bev’s, this drive-in has great seafood! You can watch the sunset while eating dinner. What can be better than that?
- Fair Haven State Park : This is a place that I discovered with my friends this year. There is a park and beach to hang out at! It is about a half hour away from campus but definitely worth the drive!
- Lake Ontario : Sounds silly but many people forget that when the weather gets nice, you can swim in the lake! Oswego can get very hot over the summer so cooling off in Lake Ontario is always refreshing
- Watching the Sunsets : Oswego is famous for its sunsets. When the weather is nice over the summer, with no clouds in the sky, make sure to go down to the lake and watch the sunset!