End of the Semester

So, as it turned out, I didn’t have to go back to Practicum. The Field Placement office returned my email and told me that the number of hours that I have is sufficient, so it feels great to have that behind me now. Yesterday, I took my final for my English 360 class, so that is another class that bites the dust. All I have left now is Adolescence Psychology, for which I have a final on Tuesday night, and then Wednesday, I am leaving. I am hoping and praying that it won’t be too long after that that I see my boyfriend, but I have a feeling that it will be. The last time that I was home, which was for Thanksgiving Break, it was almost a whole week before I first saw him. Anyway, I am going to do my very best not to be negative in this blog entry. It’s just that it is 3 AM, and I am tired.

So, why am I not asleep, one may ask? Well, my roommate got back from a party at around 2 AM, and despite the fact that it should have been pretty clear that I was getting ready for bed for the night, the first thing that he does is his usual – turns the TV on; yes, at 2 in the morning, and I can’t sleep with TVs on, even if they are muted. No matter what position I try to fall asleep in, I can see the flashes of the TV screen even with my eyes closed, and it is especially ridiculous, because that is on while he is playing a video game and while he is listening to music via his earbuds. It is just utterly ridiculous, and so now, I am just hanging around waiting for him to realize that he is being monstrously rude – or for him to get tired himself and go to bed, whichever happens first, which will probably be the latter.

Again, I don’t mean to be negative. I just feel so explosive due to that “end of the semester” feeling that I know all of us are familiar with. I am excited to go home but am worried that I won’t be spending a whole lot of time with my boyfriend, which means that I would honestly rather be here. I know as a fact that there will be a week that he will be going on a trip out of state, a trip on which I am not invited. That hurts, but at the same time, I am trying my absolute hardest not to be selfish about it. Besides, he will be here next semester, and we are trying to live in Sheldon together. I was told a good three weeks ago, at least, that I would know shortly after Thanksgiving whether or not we are in, and it is now the tenth of December, and we still have had no word. It is incredibly frustrating, because if we don’t get in, now we don’t have very much time to plan otherwise, and we haven’t been able to at this point because he can’t yet access his MyHousing account.

I just can’t wait for next semester and am really hoping for the best news possible out of all of this, which would mean acceptance into Sheldon. Just tonight at Mackin, we had a fire alarm because of someone smoking inside of the building, and I am getting tired of that happening. I shouldn’t have to worry about a fire alarm going off in December, and I need a quiet space where Ray and I can concentrate on our work, and that, for us, is Sheldon. I am just going to keep my fingers crossed, I suppose, and hope for the best. I would try contacting Residence Life and Housing again, but I don’t know if I should.

About the Author

Hey, I'm Christopher. I am currently a graduate student in the SUNY Oswego English program, and I am also a Desk Attendant in Sheldon Hall (where I am also living). I graduated with two degrees in May 2012 - English and Adolescence Education with a Concentration in English. I substitute-taught in Rome City School District fall 2012 and then came back to school in January 2013 in order to obtain a masters degree in English, which I plan to obtain in May 2014. I love to read, and I love TV shows, especially science-fiction and fantasy.
Email: ccook@oswego.edu
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.