Martial Arts is the Bovaries

So as I have said before I am taking PED 237 Martial Arts this semester. It is still nuts!
The instructor definitely reminds me of Yoda. This class makes me feel like some sort of Jedi. As dorky as that sounds there is no real other way to describe him. He makes us do intense workouts though, I am getting conditioned and full of ninja power. While I can’t ever say ninja in class or even think about it, when I am outside of class, it is a whole different story. I really feel empowered and a lot cooler. Not that I should, I know like three things. Oh well, it is my favorite class these days.
Oh and the term “Bovaries” is the fabulous new and improved equal gender expression. My guy friends always say that something is “The balls” when they think something is cool. However, that is pretty sexiest. We came up with an equal gender opportunity expression instead. We originally thought of “Overalls” but then people would just think of the stereotypical farmers pants…and that just wouldn’t work. It is a pretty funny standing joke either way.
Share your own collegiate made up words, we all know that we have them…:)

Be Ozzy

3 thoughts on “Martial Arts is the Bovaries

1. Don’t know if there is more than once section and if you are in my class or not, but I read this and thought it was hilarious, and true. The class is insane! Lots of fun, requires lots of energy, and although we are only 3 weeks in, I think I have learned quite a bit and can’t wait to see what comes next.
    Someone who took the class last year told me the class would “blow my mind”, so naturally, I had to sign up for it. At first I was skeptical but I have probably already recommended the class to 5 or more people. It’s very exhausting but I usually leave class feeling pretty good.

p.s. if you think you friends saying “the balls” is sexist, you could say something is “the tits” when you think something is cool.

2. also, if your looking to take more fun classes here at Oswego, look into the scuba diving class, its fun, easy, you get to actually go scuba diving, and you get PADI certified down to 60 feet. If your up for it you can take advanced open water scuba next, its an awesome class.

3. Hey Dave,

I hear ya! Class is tough 🙂 I am in the 1:50 MWF section. I am the girl who sits in the back of the class. I am thinking about scuba, I think it might be cool for next semester!

We debated on the term “the tits”, my house mates and I still think its on the fence though 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion though! Its a never ending search for next best thing!