Stressful Week

So, I have some good news. I am officially an employee of the Office of Learning Services. I will be tutoring for English 271, which is really good. I could really use the extra money, even though I already have one job. Last semester, I took English 271, and it wasn’t long before I realized that I’d really like to tutor for the class. English grammar is something that comes naturally to me, and the class was an easy A. I’m really glad, however, that I took it, because I’m really happy to now be able to tutor for it. My plan is to contact Michael Murphy, the professor who teaches the class, but if you’re reading this and you take English 271, then go to http://www.oswego.edu/ols if you think that you might need a tutor. There, I believe that you can fill out an application to be appointed a tutor.

Anyway, there was a minor incident today that has unfortunately kind of ruined my weekend, one that I don’t really want to get into. I am trying to make the best of it, though. It’s not anything really serious; I mean, it’s not like anyone died or anything like that. I just feel “stabbed in the back” by someone who is supposed to be my friend, and the worst part is that when I mentioned it to him, attempting to talk about it, he said something that kind of made it look like I was the one who was being ridiculous. I’m not going to get into it with any more detail, though, primarily because it is unimportant. This entire past week has been incredibly stressful.

For starters, my computer broke, and for quite a while, whether or not I would have a computer between now and March (when I’m going home for Spring Break) when I could have it fixed was up in the air. This happened on Monday, and what ended up happening is that today (as in Friday), my mom came up to Oswego to bring me the laptop from home and take mine so that she could take it somewhere to get it fixed. They apparently told her that it’s going to take a couple of days and is going to cost $150, which is ridiculous. There’s no way that it costs $150 worth of labor or equipment to get rid of a virus from a computer, but all the same, I am really thankful for my mother doing what she did. I don’t know how I’d survive without my computer, and I haven’t. Anyway, I am sure that all of the stress built up this past week had a great deal to do with how I reacted to what happened to me today, and I am hoping that the issue can be resolved, but for now, I am thinking that this is about all that I wanted to write about this time around. I am sure that I’ll be writing again soon.

About the Author

Hey, I'm Christopher. I am currently a graduate student in the SUNY Oswego English program, and I am also a Desk Attendant in Sheldon Hall (where I am also living). I graduated with two degrees in May 2012 - English and Adolescence Education with a Concentration in English. I substitute-taught in Rome City School District fall 2012 and then came back to school in January 2013 in order to obtain a masters degree in English, which I plan to obtain in May 2014. I love to read, and I love TV shows, especially science-fiction and fantasy.
Email: ccook@oswego.edu
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.