It’s been a while…

So, I just realized how long it has been since my last post.  TOO LONG!  I’ve been uber busy with classes, work, SA, and just life in general.  I am the type of person who prefers to be busy rather than have a lot of down time.  My days usually start at about 8am, after getting ready and such, and go until at least 9 every night.  I can’t remember the last time I actually cooked a meal at home, but I have grow accustom to the Pesto Burgers from Crossroads in the campus center.  It makes me feel like I’m eating healthy, even though I consider it fast food.  I don’t know what I’ll do when I have a real job and am working 9-5.  Oh wait, I’m going to have my law degree and be working in Higher Ed…I’ll probably have the same amount of work.

So that’s something new…I have recently decided that I’m going to get my JD and MA in Higher Educational Policy.  I’ve started looking at graduate programs and I really think this is the direction I want to go in.  I’ve been interested in Higher Ed for the past few years.  Working in the Admissions Office, Judicial Affairs, and now Student Association has given me so much experience and I know I can go further with what I have learned.  Recently I found out there is a clause in the student handbook and academic policy that allows students to create their own program of study.  I’m going to be one of the students to do this.  It’s going to be some work, but I’m pretty sure I can be successful.  It’s going to be an adventure, and you can be sure I’ll keep everyone posted.

So let’s see what I can talk about.  I had a very busy week.  The Admissions office Open House was on Monday.  We had over 380 students and their families register for the event and I’m sure over 1000 people came to see Oswego.  It was a very eventful day.  We had presentations, open classes, over 30 tours, and an expo of tables and booths staffed by representatives of many departments and offices on campus, including student organizations.  It was a hit! Next up is our Saturday Open House, this Saturday, October 24.  You still have time to register if you want to visit Oswego.  You can go to www.oswego.edu/visit and cho0se Open Houses for more information.

I will definitely be posting more, I promise. (Tim Nekritz, I hope you see this!)  Have a great Sunday everyone!

About the Author

Steven DiMarzo is starting his graduate studies in mental health counseling at SUNY Oswego. He completed his bachelor's in human development in May, and served as president of Student Association during his senior year.
Email: dimarzo@oswego.edu
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 thoughts on “It’s been a while…

1. Steve, the pesto burger is far from healthy. A burger is a burger is a burger is a burger. Bad, bad, bad.

keep up the informative posts

2. Ha! Yes, I see it. So noted.

The Open House crowd looked impessive! And I’ve heard rave reviews from families’ first view of the campus. Keep up the great work!