Life as an Oswego Student

What a beautiful day out there today, nice and windy, even some snow was flurrying down from the sky. I cannot wait until the nice weather comes and stays. It was such a tease when it was in the 60’s this past weekend and now it is raining/snowing, but it is not going to stay for long!Having a dorm next to the lake in the warmer weather is such a great experience. Either you can look out the window in the morning and see the beautiful lake with the sun shining on it, or at lunch time you can get a bagged lunch to go and go sit on the grass next to it with a bunch of friends. You can even do your schoolwork while sitting next to the lake, you cannot get much nicer than that.

Enough about the weather, I just got a little excited because winter is pretty much over. There is a little over a month until the semester is over! For some this is a happy time, but for most, it is a time of stress and endless amounts of work. As I stated in a previous blog, the best thing is to take things one at a time. It really works.

I have a 15-20 page paper due Friday, a test Wednesday, a test Friday, a paper to revise and hand-in by Wednesday, lots and lots of online work and so much more. That is only one week, but it really isn’t that bad even though it sounds it. I started today and got a lot of work done by just making myself sit at my computer, signing offline so I couldn’t check my buddy list and facebook every two seconds, and did work. Granted I still have a lot more work to do, a nice chunk is out of the way and it is such a great feeling.

Speaking of work, I should probably get back to that and get some more done while I am still in the mood to do homework. Good luck to everyone with papers, tests, finals etc.