Sunday breaks!

I’ve been doing homework pretty much all day and figured I would take a break and write on here, since it has been forever.

I wish I knew what I wanted to do with my life.  Some people grow up knowing what they want to be and where they want to go.  I am not one of those people.  When I was in Vermont, I met someone who told me that I think about the future too much and that I need to live in the present.  How can I not think about the future though?  I’m graduating in May and have to decide if I’m going to grad school and if not I have to worry about applying for jobs.  I’m very indecisive. It is hard for me to imagine myself not coming back to Oswego next fall. I did not believe people when they told me four years of college goes by so quickly.

I have a b-e-a-utiful Christmas tree in my room. My mom surprised me last week and came up for a visit and brought my tree up! I love it! I love this time of year. Yes, I could do without the cold weather but I love Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love having my brothers and sister around at the same time. Amy and Jeff are moved out and families of their own (Amy has 4 daughters, Jeff has a daughter and a son), Paul goes to school at UAlbany and Christi lives in Florida…in the nice weather! It’s fun to all hang out together! Going home feels like going on vacation. When I am there it is so easy to relax. Home is a really small town (I may have mentioned that already!) and a log cabin on a hill. It’s pretty perfect.

Okay, so before I go back to Sunday things, I just want to give a shout out to my fellow Pathfinder Dining expert Rebecca- told you I would!

3 thoughts on “Sunday breaks!

1. I feel the same way. I love this time of year, but I hate the snow. I’m not feeling any excitement for Christmas yet, because it just seems too early. That’s why I don’t feel anything but hostility towards the snow right now. =D

Don’t listen to people who tell you not to think of the future and to only think of the present, because that’s, quite honestly, a silly thing to say and has no merit to it. You have to think about the future. You can’t possibly be successful if you only live in the present, and the fact that you don’t gives me confidence that you’re going to be just fine. I’m sure everything will fall into place once that bridge is ready to be crossed, and I’m sure Oswego will miss you too!

2. One could argue the problem with the world today is that too many people live for today and don’t think about the future. Looking and thinking ahead is a good thing.

Be thankful you’re not a huge pro football fan … made it hard for me to get homework done on Sundays during the season.

3. lol i know this is late but it doesn’t matter thanks for the shout out… lol
    You know i feel the same way I don’t know what I want to do. The thing with me is that for the longest I have wanted to be a lawyer and right now i don’t see me doing that for awhile I just want to do something else. It is really frustrating for me because I have come so far to change my mind now and have no clue why. I have always planned ahead and now I do see that I must take everything a day at a time but still have realistic goals that I will achieve some day.

See you at work