Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve posted, I’ve been waiting to make this blog post and it finally actually feels like spring. Whether you attend SUNY Oswego now, or plan to in the future, I’m sure you’ve heard a thing or two about the weather. Our winters are absolutely crazy, but the time right before summer break and right after, is some of the most beautiful weather you will ever witness! Here is a list of things that you can do once the weather gets nice at SUNY Oswego.
- Visit the lake/watch the sunset with friends: One huge perk on our campus is Lake Ontario. Luckily, our campus is situated right on the lake which allows you to see the best sunsets that I’m sure you’ll ever see. Chances are your social media will be taken over by the beautiful sunset every night. Students also commonly swim in the lake when the weather is really nice, this is a great way to cool off after a nice hot day or just spend the day there soaking up the rays with friends.
- Go to Rudys! Rudys is a drive-in restaurant known for their fish fry’s, fried food, burgers and awesome picnic-table-style seating right on the lake! This is a staple to being a student at Oswego and is one of the first places my friends and I visit once the weather gets nice.
- Go to Bevs! Conveniently, right next to Rudys is Bev’s Dairy Treat which is an awesome ice cream shop with an even better view. On the really nice days, the lines here are a bit long but it is definitely worth it. There’s no better way to end a beautiful day than with some ice cream from Bev’s! If you really want to treat yourself stop at Rudy’s for dinner then Bev’s afterwards for dessert!
- Attend Laker Sporting Events: What’s a better way to support fellow classmates than attending their sporting events? During the nice weather here at Oswego, going to watch a game is a great way to be outside, but not force you to spend too much money! We all know being in college means having a tight budget so this is a great way to enjoy the weather without spending anything. Luckily, our turf field is just a short distance away from campus, with busses going to and from there often. The baseball and softball fields are there as well!
- Go for a Walk/Run: Another great way to enjoy the weather on a low budget is to get outside with friends and take a walk or go for a jog around campus. This is a great way to take a break from the homework and de-stress yourself. You may even see a few dogs on your way if you’re lucky!