Meet nutrition intern Alessia

Blogger holding a painting of a whale

Hi everyone! I’m Alessia Pizzino and I am one of the Nutrition Education interns working with the campus’ Registered Dietitian, Kathryn Szklany this spring. I’m really excited to work as one of the nutrition interns because I have a passion for educating people on eating and healthy lifestyles. My major is Wellness Management, and my minors are Nutrition and Health Science. The classes I have taken here at SUNY Oswego, furthered my knowledge and desire to enter the health field, and educate people on how to make healthy lifestyle changes.

In addition to being one of the nutrition interns, I also intern as a personal trainer at the fitness centers and work at the Pathfinder dining center. Working at Pathfinder is where I learned that we have a Registered  Dietitian on campus, something that many other schools may not have. I am a senior this semester and will be graduating this May, I am sad to leave Oswego, but excited to join the “real world.”  After graduation, I will try to find a job and eventually go on to graduate school to hopefully become a registered dietitian myself!