Hi Everyone! Family and friends weekend is just around the corner (October 20, 21 and 22), and for many of us this will be the first time we are seeing our families since leaving them in August. If the long awaited arrival of your friends and family has you jumping for joy, then here are a few things for you to do over the weekend to ensure everyone has a good time!
Friday, October 20
1. Rice Creek Tours! This will be taking place from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at Rice Creek Field Station on Thompson Road. Come out and visit the new facility.
2. Go to open skate from 11:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. in Marano Campus Center! Admission is free with an Oswego student ID and skate rental is $3.
3. Splash-In Movie! Bring your bathing suit and enjoy the movie Moana while swimming in the pool located in Lee Hall at 7 p.m. Admission is free!
4. The Theatre Department Presents: “Clybourne Park” Bring your family and friends over to Tyler Hall for the showing of this play. The show starts at 7:30, admission to the public is $15 and student admission is $7. Don’t miss out on this awesome show!
Saturday, October 21
1. Head over to the Mini Carnival! It is located in Swetman Gym in Marano Campus Center from 1-3 p.m. This event is free for students! Come out and enjoy food, fun and games with your friends and family.
2. Love astronomy? You’re in luck! There will be a planetarium show at 2 p.m. in Shineman Center. Seating is limited, call the box office to reserve your tickets now! (315-312-3073) (UPDATE: This is sold out.)
3. Haven’t taken a photo together in a while? Enjoy a complimentary family photo from 2:30-3:30 in Marano Campus Center room 151! This will be a great way to remember the weekend.
4. Men’s Soccer vs. SUNY Cortland. If you and your family love sports, this would be a great way to enjoy a fall Saturday afternoon. The game starts at 4 p.m. on the Laker turf. Don’t miss out!
Last but not least…bring your family and friends to the lake! Oswego is home to one of the most beautiful lakes in Upstate New York, and the best sunsets! Don’t let your friends and family miss out on this awesome experience.
For more events taking place this weekend, visit www.oswego.edu/campus-life/schedule!! Enjoy the weekend everyone!