Laker By The Lake

In college, we can all get caught up with the stress of assignments, due dates, group projects, meetings, and graduation right around the corner. Sometimes we all just need a little break and home is a little too far away. I have found that a good release of stress for me is going down by the lake. We all miss home, we are all on the same page, and I feel that everyone that is down by the water gets a feeling over them of serendipity. Since being in Oswego, I have found a new love for being alone with nature and finding beautiful things to surround myself with. It is a very peaceful process to go out and walk down to the lake instead of being caught up in the many curveballs college can throw at us. I utilize the lake as sort of a self-therapy for missing home, being stressed out and overwhelmed. Whenever I need a break, I walk down to the shore and explore. Generally, even if its just for a second, I forget whatever I was so stressed out about, to begin with.

I grew up in a small town on the lake and it was a huge part of my life. No matter the season, you could find my friends, family and I using the lake in any way possible. Growing up you could find us boating, water skiing, wakeboarding, tubing, ice skating, playing hockey, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, ice-fishing, canoeing, kayaking, having campfires by the lake, or just hanging out on the dock. The lake is an all-around huge part of my life which is why when I was choosing where I would go to college I only looked at schools which were near bodies of water. Finding Oswego was exciting. You can look at pictures all you want but you really need to visit to see how beautiful it really is. I can honestly say the main reason for why I chose Oswego is because of the beautiful Lake Ontario. It’s so fun seeing other people utilize the lake, swimming, hanging out on the rocks, making campfires, or walking along the shore. Whenever I am not in class you can catch me hanging out at the flat rocks or studying down by the water. Even walking, going for a run, or just being near the water gives me a sense of home. Although my peers may not have had the same experiences that I have with water, I feel like we can all find a sense of calm and peace in the water that surrounds this school. I am so thankful for the lake which surrounds Oswego. It really makes this town my home away from home and I am happy to have spent the last four years at such a beautiful campus.

About the Author

Hi I’m Camry! I am a senior at SUNY Oswego studying Communication and Social Interaction with a minor in Expressive Art Therapy! I will be blogging about my time here at SUNY Oswego! I hope this blog will be used as a resource for future students in giving them a visual experience of the beauty our campus holds. I am a spontaneous, outgoing, artistic, photography-loving, adventurous, college student loving life here at Oswego! Enjoy my blog and photos!
Email: cliddle@oswego.edu
This entry was posted in photoblogs. Bookmark the permalink.