It’s a rainy day here in Oswego, like most of the days in April usually are here. So what is there to do around here anyways? Well let me share with you my top 3 favorite places to go have fun in Oswego!
- Oswego 7 Cinemas – The best movie theater ever for two great reasons. #1 – THE CHAIRS ARE THE MOST MAGICAL CHAIRS IN ALL OF THE LAND. Yes, that was tad bit dramatic, but you must experience these chairs. They are large, soft, and they freaking recline people! Okay, again I’ll calm down… but seriously, go sit in one of these chairs. #2 – The movies are cheap. Like, college student budget affordable.
- Early bird special (before noon) tickets are only $5.00!
- Matinee showings (12:01pm-5:59pm) tickets are only $6.50!
- After 6pm tickets are only $8.50!
- Bonus: on Tuesday’s they have a bargain day where all movie tickets are only $6.50 and on Wednesdays, small popcorn is only $1.00.
- Lighthouse Lanes – I love to go bowling with my friends at Lighthouse Lanes. They have several open lanes and great deals for college students. They also food to order, because who doesn’t want pizza and beer (21+) while bowling?! Cosmic bowling runs from 9:30pm-2am on Fridays and Saturdays. The college specials are:
- Sunday’s, Monday’s and Wednesday’s (9:30pm-12am) – $1.99 games and $1 shoe rental
- Tuesday’s and Thursday’s (9:30pm-12am) – $6.99 all you can bowl, shoe rental included
- Greene’s Team Trivia – Every Wednesday at 10pm at Greene’s, they host a team trivia night. It’s a lot of fun, and if you are 21+ you can win prizes! They put the categories out on their social media platforms around 1pm every Wednesday, so you can know what to expect. The categories always start with trending on social media and end with movies but the middle categories are always randomly chosen. It’s a fun weekday activity to do with your friends and their food is really good! (My recommendation is the buffalo chicken tenders)