Spring Break!

Spring Break is almost here and to all those New York City folk: I share my struggle with you! The trip from Oswego to New York City is one of the most talked about topic among us. Those who are from there know the 5 hour bus ride, the 1 hour Centro bus ride, and the expected half hour subway commute home. Taking a plane is too expensive when considering it over paying to stay over the break. Taking a train is a viable option, but we mostly take a bus, so good luck to all who plan that trip! To those taking part in carpooling to the city; you guys are so lucky!

Make sure to spend that valuable time with your family if you’re a freshman. I know that back when I was a freshman, I loved it more to go to Oswego. It was until sophomore year hit me where I figured out there’s nothing better than being at home with the family. The amazing homemade food, the amazing internet, and hugging your pets!

If any of you guys are traveling, make sure to be safe, explore, expand, and most importantly: make memories. There’s no better way of traveling than studying abroad. Consider traveling now and go for studying abroad over a semester somewhere else; it’s an amazing experience told by many of my friends. Take the break to even play more games if you’d like. Don’t forget about any papers or upcoming exams you may possibly have after the vacation though. We all understand the struggle of an exam after break or a paper due shortly after classes resume.

I hope everyone enjoys the break and make it home to Oswego again safely! Chances are the temperature will not be as cold as Oswego wherever you plan to travel. Unless you plan to travel to a city above the latitude of Oswego, good luck and stay warm. Overall, people who reside in New York City or Long Island, etc…, will have quite a long and painfully annoying travel if going by bus. We know the rush to board the first bus; either Centro or Greyhound/Megabus.