Keeping Yourself Busy

Lately I’ve been drenched with boredom throughout this past weekend. Although I’ve been sick and had more time to think to myself how boring it is to feel like there’s nothing you can do especially when sick. One would want to avoid getting other people sick, which is something I tried to avoid even though someone unfortunately received some of same symptoms I had. Despite someone else getting sick and spreading the “Oswego Plague” indirectly, as some people call it, I’ve had trouble having fun in any way. Usually I enjoy having work to do, however I had caught up with the work I had been assigned.

I actually was glad I had my afternoon class this past Monday for Accounting, seeing as it is my major and that class seems to always have me doing work. The feeling of something keeping me busy makes me feel a lot better especially since I was already focused on controlling the mucus running marathons down my nose; it was not a pretty feeling. Thankfully though, Monday was the last day of me being sick at all. Today, Tuesday, I woke up completely recovered and relaxed as I woke up and went to my 8 a.m. class.

As I write this blog today, I think to myself that I probably should have taken the time to write a blog during the time I was bored. I felt miserable with the cold I had, but now I’ll be trying to keep myself busy again by getting back into the gym. Speaking of gym, if you haven’t purchased a gym membership, I highly recommend you go find a friend who has the Insanity Workout DVD and attempt it. It will be worth your time because watching a video on what specific work out you have to do is better than figuring out first hand in the gym (even though you can get a personal trainer or look up online). I only recommend Insanity at all if you want to find a different place to work out than the gym itself. Hopefully you guys wont feel too bored during your years in college. Make sure to sleep it off if you have to, especially when you’re sick. Spend time with your friends.