One Month Until Graduation…

It’s hard to believe that this four year journey I’ve been on is coming to a close. Unlike getting out of high school, I’m actually saddened by the fact that I’m not going to be a student here for very much longer. These years have been amazing to me and I’ve done much more with my time here than I ever thought I would.

Graduating is a mixed bag, especially considering I don’t have a job in place yet. The outlook for me has been looking better lately, but more than likely, I’m going to have to be patient and just keep applying. I’m probably going to do some internships until I get hired so I can at least get out of the house and do something productive daily.  Maybe one of these internships will even lead to a job, so who knows. I have some interviews for internships this week so we’ll see what happens. The bright side of graduating is that a new adventure awaits with new people, new places, and a regular paycheck. I’m very much looking forward to a fresh start.

I’m very comfortable where I am at school. I have a solid set of friends, plenty of activities I participate in, and I’m taking interesting classes. It’s going to to be hard to leave all of this. Although every week feels fairly routine now, it’s going to be hard to say goodbye. I don’t want to do keep thinking about the last times I do things here. My goal for the next month is to just be in the moment and enjoy everything. It’s going to be a very fast month, but one I’ll remember for a long time coming. One month left. This is it. Let’s make it great!

Adam Shear is a senior broadcasting major at SUNY Oswego. He is heavily involved at WTOP 10, the campus TV station, where he is the Segment Director for news and directs two TV shows. Shear is also the executive producer of the popular talk show 4 Guys in a Booth on the campus radio station WNYO as well as a teaching assistant for BRC 108: Into to Mass Media and BRC 222: Intro to New Media. When he actually has some spare time, Shear enjoys everything from hanging out with friends to playing video games. You can follow Adam Shear on Twitter via @AdamShear where he tweets a lot about video games and sometimes about life.
Email: shear@oswego.edu
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.